Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beta Beck

Bear with me here.

Imagine two songs from a musician or band got together for a one-night stand, had a baby song, realized that songs were no good as parents and put their baby song up for adoption, and that song was adopted by another musician. Now, while the song would have been colored by the upbringing of the new parent, it would certainly still look like its birth songs, right?

I haven't had a drink yet, I swear.

This is just the best way I can word how I felt when I was listening to Beck's latest release. When I got to "Chemtrails", I was CERTAIN I'd met this song before, or heard...him? He reminded me of someone. Or two.

Lightbulb. Does this NOT sound like the long lost progeny of the Beta Band?!

"Gone" and "Quiet" got a little bored when their family split up. Their love child was adopted by Beck, and named "Chemtrails".

Find them. Listen to them. Tell me I am wrong. I'll spring for the DNA test.

No comments: